Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Thievery is alive and well...

I came to work this morning, only to find that someone had stolen my extension cord. Sounds trivial (does the "red stapler" saga come to mind?), but this is a chronic problem in the building where I work. I've had a number of items stolen from my desk--mostly small stuff, like pens and post-it notes, but I've also had a book stolen and now my extension cord. This wouldn't be such a big deal, except that I have a plate in my leg and crawling around on the floor to find a free outlet is not an option right now. If I want to use my laptop, or charge my cell phone, or just listen to a cd, an extension cord is a necessity. Maybe the same person who stole my book has taken the extension cord as well...and will plug in a light and read "Real Stories from the Old Testament," which just happens to be the book that came up missing. Perhaps a little bit of spirituality will help this person see the difference between right and wrong. Or not. Hope springs eternal, Alice Springs, Australia, and all that. Oh well.